I’ve been absent for a few weeks now so I figured I should get back into my groove. If I’m not active on this blog, you can always check out my Instagram page to see my mini picture blogs!
Usually I would beat myself up for slacking for so long, but over the last couple of weeks I was fortunate to be able to experience the beauty of God’s creation in Hawaii. I know myself very well, and if I don’t allow myself periodic breaks from work (even the fun stuff, like blogging about random things) then I will burn myself out and fall off the wagon completely. So here I am again, not beating myself up and glad to be back!
Since I’ve been back home, I can’t say I’ve been the most productive at home either. I still haven’t unpacked, I washed some laundry, but it’s still sitting in the laundry basket, and I managed to finish an 1100 page book. Today’s theme is heading towards looking at the positives, so I’ll go ahead and tell you why I’m not even beating myself up about this either.
- The majority of my house is a mess. BUT my kitchen is still clean. <<<<huge success.
- I had my 30 week pregnancy checkup this morning. I passed my glucose test AND my midwife told me I was perfect. (I didn’t bother correcting her.)
- That 1100 page book was worth every minute of slacking. I recommend everybody read books that they love.
- We started painting our babies nursery! Obviously, that’s only exciting to me, but that’s okay.
- It’s supposed to get up to 70 degrees today.
I think those are all sufficient reasons to not stress out about all of the things that need my attention. This week I will do my best to get my house in order and stay on top of my blogging and makeup looks for you guys.
Take today to make a list for your week and do your best to accomplish it! Then find some time for yourself and really enjoy each day that you’ve been given.